Living dome Dia 7 meter x 8 units, Dia 10 meter dome x 3 units
Dome frame, cover, insulation, and curtain
1-1 Yamadachō Harano, Kita Ward, Kobe, Hyogo 651-1252 Japan
In the scenic expanse of Kobe’s Miniya, just a mere 20-minute drive from Kobe Sannomiya, lies the magnificent GLAMP DOME “Kobe Glamping“, a glamping destination that opened its doors in August 2020. Here, visitors are presented with an unrivaled opportunity to witness Kobe’s enchanting sunset and after-dark city views, all while ensconced in the lap of luxury.
“Kobe Glamping” offers a diverse range of five distinct room types. These include the ‘Private Vista Terrace’ with its secluded terrace; the ‘Summit Garden’ which boasts its exclusive outdoor living space and a warming fire pit; the expansive ‘Grand Vista Terrace’ tent that spans 10 meters in diameter; the ‘Peak Living Chamber’ which is also graced with an outdoor living space and fire pit; and the intimate “solo dome” that caters to those seeking their own exclusive relaxation zone.
Dipping into the array of hot spring baths at ” Kobe Glamping” is an experience in itself. From grand communal baths and spacious outdoor baths to specialized jars, reclining, and bubble baths, the options are endless. And for those who love the dry warmth, saunas are also available. The spring water, termed “simple weak radioactive spring water,” is acclaimed for its gentle effects, making it an excellent remedy for fatigue, neuralgia, and post-operative recuperation.
“Kobe Glamping” ensures top-notch amenities, akin to those in premium hotels. With Wi-Fi and power sockets in all domes, guests’ comfort is a top priority.
Challenges Faced in building GLAMP DOME:
1. This project only has one set of 11-meter accommodation balls. In addition to our products, Fdome is also implemented in the same project.
2. In order to create a unique style for each house, the investor designed the layout in three directions. Therefore, in addition to the differences in the colors of the inner fabrics of the 11 sets of ball products, the seating directions were also adjusted according to the planning and design. Very delicate design, each set of balls is a single product.
The project presented its unique challenges. Foremost was the introduction of an 11-meter accommodation dome, a singular feature amidst the glamping domes. Furthermore, to infuse a distinct style into each dome, meticulous planning was required in terms of layout direction and interior fabric colors. This attention to detail ensured that each dome was truly one of a kind.
Features & Outcome
1. All-Weather Comfort: The semi-circular transparent snow-white tent is equipped with heating and cooling, so you can enjoy camping comfortably in all seasons. It is also equipped with hotel-grade towels, toiletries, and hairdryers, so you can check in empty-handed. All rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi and sockets. Each tent is equipped with a private BBQ area, where you can enjoy delicious barbecue and exclusive views!
2. Natural Hot Spring “Galaxy’s Essence”: Attached is the natural hot spring “Ginga no Yu” that gushes out 1,200m underground. It provides various types of enjoyment such as large open-air hot spring baths, kettle baths, UTASE baths, large inner baths, hanging-flow source baths, sleeping baths, water baths, and saunas.
The spring quality has a pH value of 7.5 or above. The source of Ginga-no-yu, which is known as a skin-beautifying hot spring, has a pH value of 8.5, making it the most suitable hot spring for the skin.
The bathhouse is located on a mountain 280 meters above sea level, overlooking Kobe City’s Kita Ward, leaving behind a rich countryside protected by the Ushiyama Mountains. It is located on solid bedrock has relatively cool summers, and is known as Kobe’s Karuizawa. In winter, the average temperature is 3-5°C lower than in central Kobe, but snowfall is rarely encountered.
Ginga no Yu pursues the romance of primitive nature 75-70 million years ago, and the natural hot spring water gushes out from 1,200 meters underground and is used luxuriously at a rate of 330 liters per minute.
This spring is a simple weak radioactive spring, which is rare, precious, and efficient among hot springs. The radioactive spring water is known as the hot water for all diseases and gout. It is said that a pH value above 7.5 is good for the skin, and Ginga no Yu spring has a pH value of 8.5, making it a very good hot spring for the skin. The temperature of the gush is very close to body temperature, 37°C, making it a pleasant long-term hot spring bath.
Residents can also enjoy panoramic views of nature from the open-air bath.
Please take this opportunity to visit “Ginkgo Rain” to relieve your daily fatigue.
- Spring water quality
Simple weak radioactive springs (radium, radon)
Indications based on spring quality.
Hyperuricemia (gout), rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, etc.
General instructions for sanatorium spring water (for bathing).
Chronic pain or stiffness of muscles or joints (rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, low back pain, neuralgia, frozen shoulder, bruises, sprains, and other chronic conditions), muscle stiffness with motor paralysis, sensitivity to cold, peripheral circulation disorders, decreased gastrointestinal function (stomach discomfort, intestinal gas), mild hypertension, abnormal glucose tolerance (diabetes). Mild hypercholesterolemia, mild asthma or emphysema, hemorrhoidal pain, autonomic instability, stress-related symptoms (e.g., sleep disorders, depression), convalescence, fatigue recovery, and health promotion.
- Types of hot springs
Large baths, large open-air baths, source hot spring baths, jar baths, lying baths, bubble baths, and bathing baths (*with dry saunas)
3. Local Culinary Delights: Guests can indulge in local delicacies, including Kobe’s renowned beef, fresh seafood, and regional vegetables. The attached private BBQ areas ensure a unique dining experience. “Kobe Glamping” offers Kobe’s top-quality local ingredients, such as domestic Kuroge Wagyu beef, Kobe dolphin, local agricultural products, and seafood from the surrounding seas such as octopus and red sea bream, you can enjoy barbecue in the attached exclusive space. The top-notch delicious food will stimulate your taste buds and tongue. Feast. Camping barbecues, winter camping, and other special activities
4. Nearby Attractions: Apart from the luxury within, Kobe City’s picturesque surroundings further enhance the experience. From the stunning night views of Venus Bridge and Mount Maya Kesei Terrace to the renowned Arima Onsen, the city promises a visual feast.
Kobe/Sannomiya Chuo Street
Arima Onsen Hot Spring
5. Agricultural Richness: Kobe City is located in the southeast of Hyogo Prefecture. The Rokko Mountains and the Seto Inland Sea constitute the urban landscape of Kobe surrounded by mountains and seas. Arima Onsen, a famous hot spring tourist destination in Kansai, is located here. The night view of Kobe is known as the million-dollar night view and is one of Japan’s three major night views along with the night views of Hakodate and Nagasaki. The main places to enjoy the night view in Kobe include Venus Bridge, Fuuhiki Herb Garden, Mount Rokko Sky View Terrace, Mount Maya Kesei Terrace, Meriken Park, etc. Among them, Mount Maya Keseidai can see the night view as far away as the Osaka Plain. It has the largest viewing range and is the most famous among the many night-view viewing spots in Kobe. The most important agricultural products in Kobe are beef cattle and dairy cows, followed by vegetables and rice. Kobe beef ranks among the top three Wagyu beef in Japan and is synonymous with high-grade beef. A Glamping center called GLAMP DOME Kobe Sky opened in Kobe City, Ku Prefecture. It is located in the Kobe Miniya area with rich natural scenery and convenient transportation.
The GLAMP DOME “Kobe Glamping” redefines luxury camping. With its mix of opulent domes, therapeutic hot springs, gourmet food, and picturesque views, it promises a getaway like no other. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or a bit of both, it’s a destination that caters to all.